Forte – Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare is a research funding agency under the Ministry for Health and Social Affairs.
- Promoting and supporting basic and applied research
- Identifying research needs relevant to our areas of responsibility
- Dialogue, dissemination of information and transfer of knowledge to prioritized target groups.
- Promoting cooperation between researchers both nationally and internationally.
Forte’s main research support is through project grants. The scientists submit their proposals and subsequently their scientific merit and societal relevance are assessed through a peer review process. To stimulate research of excellence within specific areas the Council may award research grants to Centres of Excellence. Forte also finances post-doc and research positions at Swedish universities. Forte operates the Forte Marie Curie International Postdoc Programme.
– evaluates research within our areas of responsibility
– is responsible for coordinating research within the areas of the elderly, children and young people, disability, International Migration and Ethnic Relations (IMER) and socio-scientific alcohol and drug research
– promotes multidisciplinary research
– promotes research relating to sex equality
– promotes gender perspective in research application