In about 160 panels and roundtables scholars meet to discuss current, important issues concerning Africa. ECAS also provides an opportunity for journalists to meet experts on a wide range of issues and countries. The discussions are open to the media. As a journalist you can also contact the conference press section for help with scheduling an interview.
ECAS 4 will be attended by:
– More than 180 experts on security issues in Africa.
– More than 80 experts on Africa and economy.
– More than 60 experts on Africa and gender issues.
– More than 60 experts on issues related to land, agriculture and biofuel in Africa.
– More than 70 experts on issues related to internal and international African migration.
– More than 70 experts on issues related to foreign aid, “South-South dialogue” and Africa’s changing role on the world stage.
The theme of the conference is ”African Engagements – on Whose Terms?”. It relates to questions on how Africa can make priorities and find partners on its own, African, conditions. The conference is arranged by the Nordic Africa Institute for Aegis, a network of African studies centers in Europe.
Venue: Ekonomikum, Uppsala University. Date: 15-18 juni.
Accreditation via email to Mattias Sköld, email@example.com with the subject name ”accreditation/ECAS”. Last date for registration is 10 June.
The Nordic Africa Institute (Nordiska Afrikainstitutet) is a center for research, documentation and information on modern Africa in the Nordic region. Based in Uppsala, Sweden, the Institute is dedicated to providing timely, critical and alternative research and analysis of Africa in the Nordic countries and to strengthen the co-operation between African and Nordic researchers.